TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7659710
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead Empty
PostSubject: Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead   Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 2:57 pm

The details are still sketchy, but close friends of musician and artist
Gidget Gein (aka Brad Stewart) tell us he was found dead yesterday of
an apparent OD in his home in Burbank. Considering his macabre
sensibilities, we'd hoped this was some kind of goth stunt, but calls
to the LA Coroner today confirm the passing.

Best known for his tumultuous time in Marilyn Manson (he was kicked
out due to drug problems just as the band was breaking through, and
replaced by Twiggy Ramirez, who many say copped his style and look),
Gein went on to form art gothster faves The Dali Gaggers in New York in
the late '90's. Taking a break from performing, he returned to his
Florida hometown to work as a " bag boy" for the Florida Coroner's
office in 2000. He moved to LA about 5 years ago to pursue his art, and
his dark and beguiling works were often the most talked about at the
city's wildest openings and parties including BlueGirl Events and World
of Wonder exhibits.

Recently out of rehab for what was apparently not the first time,
Gein -whose name is a mesh of serial killer Ed Gein and Sally Field's
60's TV character "Gidget"-had a lot to look forward to. He had just
emailed us a couple of weeks ago about a new band he was playing with
called People (supporting Semi Precious Weapons and Gram Rabbit at
House of Blues last week). Good pal Lenora Claire tells us, "He had
just got a book deal, was recording a record with the guy who produced
the first Janes Addiction record and just landed a solo show at La Luz
de Jesus that he had wanted for years." She says she plans to make sure
the show, set for February of next year, still happens no matter what.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/play/news/rip-gidget-gein-local-artist-f/
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead Evil10
More Numbers : 7672813

Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead   Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 12:48 pm

It's sad how many people in the music buisness and the entertainment industry in general die from overdosing on drugs.I guess being talented and having a creative outlet doesn't always make you happy.
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7659710

PostSubject: Re: Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead   Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 1:13 pm

^^ I agree, it seems to me that the more creative you are the more depressed you are. I get that impression from alot of my friends, not really sure why. Maybe they realise how crap this world is.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7665427

PostSubject: Re: Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead   Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 12:02 pm

Vampira132 wrote:
^^ I agree, it seems to me that the more creative you are the more depressed you are. I get that impression from alot of my friends, not really sure why. Maybe they realise how crap this world is.

Totally agree.
My bf, his dad, his friends...are all creative genius's is one form or another and they all suffer form depression.
I guess it gets their mind thinking... meh
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7567183
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead   Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:29 pm

^^ I've noticed the same thing. Every musician I know suffers from depression. It's interesting when you think about it. I just wish some wouldn't turn to drugs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7665427

PostSubject: Re: Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead   Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 7:33 pm

Glad that my bf hasn't turned to it.
He turns to me grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7567183
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead   Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 9:09 pm

That's very good. Very Happy Why turn to drugs when you have caring people around you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead   Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Marilyn Manson bassist and LA area artist Gidget Gein was found dead
Page 1 of 1