TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Random Thoughts

Go down 
+18
Spooky
ravengrim
DarkDreamer
JJ_Decay
TheDarkHippie
Emmature
Vampira132
SPF
endless dark
WrappedinReflection
MoonRaven
Madelchai
helen damnation
Nightmistress
deadcoldgothgirl
La Diva Carlotta
cynfullov
RedAngel
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Random Thoughts - Page 2 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7583692
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Random Thoughts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:45 am

A part of me wonders if I should just quit college. I know it's a bad idea because I need to get my degree, but all the stress doesn't feel worth it. I mean I normally get stress headaches everyday from that and the issues of life. But after waking up last night from one that was so bad I couldn't control screaming or crying I don't know what to do. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm stressed or what I'm stressed over. Any suggestions on things that could help get rid of said problems without dropping out of college and ignoring my responcibilities?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:00 am

^^^Move into your own place. It sounds like your mother is usually your worse stresser. Other than that, start keeping a schedule. It's easier to tell people your way if you have it written down and planned in advance.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Random Thoughts - Page 2 25883sk
More Numbers : 7413837
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 am

DCGG, Nsane's got a good point. I know money's tight, but stress is the big issue here, and it seems like your mom is a big source of it. I know you care about her, but you two will probably get along better if you don't live under the same roof. I'd say at least look into moving.

I think it's also a good idea to stick with college. It's a lot easier to get a job, esp. one that will cover your bills, if you can at least say you have a degree. The stress down the line from being turned down due to lack of a degree would be worse than the stress you're dealing with these days.

Look into stress-relief methods to cope for the time being. (Relaxation techniques, breathing exercises, walks to burn off stress, reading the Favorite Things thread, etc.) It's clear your body is responding to stress (i.e. the powerful headaches out of the blue). Hopefully once you can learn some strategies for taking the edge off stress, your body will function better and you'll be better rested and energized to deal with your classes.

Might also want to check your salt intake or caffeine intake; maybe those are throwing your body off kilter as well. Take care of you as best you can; you're worth the effort. hug
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Random Thoughts - Page 2 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7570101
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 pm

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
A part of me wonders if I should just quit college. I know it's a bad idea because I need to get my degree, but all the stress doesn't feel worth it. I mean I normally get stress headaches everyday from that and the issues of life. But after waking up last night from one that was so bad I couldn't control screaming or crying I don't know what to do. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm stressed or what I'm stressed over. Any suggestions on things that could help get rid of said problems without dropping out of college and ignoring my responcibilities?

Is it the coursework that is stressing you out or is it all your crap outside of school?
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:46 am

For the most part I think it's just everything mixed in to one. I'm moving when I leave for CMU in august. Right now I'm killing myself over my classes. I try as hard as I can in my bio and my teacher told me today I only have a 59 in the class so I need to pass my lecture final and lab final with outstanding colors. It's not that I don't try, it's just very hard for me. Plus I have two big projects for my other two classes that I really don't have the time or energy to focus on.

Work is hit or miss. Most of the time it just pisses me off or annoys me. Not to mention I'm only getting paid $8.09 and hour and my hours were cut down to 6 a week. My mom and I have been hit or miss as well. One moment we are fine and the next we are screaming. A lot of times it's from one of us starting off talking to the other then one says something that sparks the other person and then a non stop yelling match has begun.

Not to mention since I don't have insurance on my car the place I'm getting my loan through is adding insurance on my car for me which is adding 1,000+ on my loan. They won't do it if I have the insurance on my own before the 8th but neither I nor my mom will have the money by then. Then just little things like having to run around all the time or the feeling like I'm drowning and I can't get myself out. I feel helpless.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:59 am

^^ hug I know there's no one thing that'll fix everything. But sometimes all it takes to make you happier is one life change. Thankfully, that's coming up for you in August when you move. The move might improve some things for you.

What's your intended major, DCGG? Is bio essential to it? I'm wondering if dropping the class will keep your GPA from falling. I know that would be lost $, but it's just an idea. If you need a science class to graduate, maybe there's an environmental science class you can take that'll help set you up for a green job later on.

I once had a job for which I applied for full-time hours but they kept giving me 8-hour weeks. I had to quit; I couldn't afford to work there. In your position, I'd look for something better. Checking craigslist and the classified might yield something good. Working at a chain bookstore or a library might be boring, but the hours will be more consistent in most cases and the pay will be comparable.

Just thinking out loud.
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Random Thoughts - Page 2 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7681885
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:16 am

just discovered I have a form of Trypophobia. Now THAT explains A LOT...

Also... Surinam Toad

Random Thoughts - Page 2 15rik1w
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : Random Thoughts - Page 2 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7644822
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Ew, green puke drunken
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Random Thoughts - Page 2 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7585866
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:48 pm

.........I wish I were an Oscar Meyer weiner..........
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm

RedAngel wrote:
^^ hug I know there's no one thing that'll fix everything. But sometimes all it takes to make you happier is one life change. Thankfully, that's coming up for you in August when you move. The move might improve some things for you.

What's your intended major, DCGG? Is bio essential to it? I'm wondering if dropping the class will keep your GPA from falling. I know that would be lost $, but it's just an idea. If you need a science class to graduate, maybe there's an environmental science class you can take that'll help set you up for a green job later on.

I once had a job for which I applied for full-time hours but they kept giving me 8-hour weeks. I had to quit; I couldn't afford to work there. In your position, I'd look for something better. Checking craigslist and the classified might yield something good. Working at a chain bookstore or a library might be boring, but the hours will be more consistent in most cases and the pay will be comparable.

Just thinking out loud.

hug I'm taking the class because science is a credit I need for my general education. I'm just going to do what I can with it and then see what they say when I transfer. Yes it will suck if I have to pay more for another science class, but I can't do more then what I'm doing now. I'm majoring in Broadcasting (with hopefully some communication courses) and minoring in multimedia. Michigan doesn't really have many jobs available in my area. I appreciate the advice, it just seems like I'm not the luckiest when it comes to the job wagon. Now alyssa on the other hand, for some reason she can find a job eventually when she really doesn't need it.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Some idiot at work asked me if I was into vampires. I was bored so told them I wasn't into vampires but that I had friends who thought they were vampires. Her jaw dropped. Stupid questions get stupid answers.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:11 pm

^^ haha! Ought to tell her you've got them all on speed dial. vamp
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:41 pm

^^Ha! That woulda been hysterical!
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Holy crap! I just realized I owe my boss a few bucks from last week. Why didn't he remind me?
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Random Thoughts - Page 2 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7678565

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:22 pm

I keep staring at Diva's avatar and it's doing strange but not unpleasant things to me.

What a delightfully toothsome young man Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vampira132
Vampira132

Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 4606
: : The Victorian Woman in Black
: : Random Thoughts - Page 2 Kalbg0
More Numbers : 7674153

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 5:30 pm

^^ Agreed Wink
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:47 pm

If spiders and yellow jackets/ hornets stayed far far away from me and my house at all times I would be happy.
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : Random Thoughts - Page 2 Bjevig

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Thinking of getting an actual haircut in the morning to help me get work and I'm kinda freaking out.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:01 am

^^ Can you tie it back in a low ponytail instead? I think if it's well groomed, you'll be in good shape. My husband considered cutting his hair to help him get work, but he's been able to land positions with it neatly tied back. He didn't want to cut it anyway, and even his (female) stylist encouraged him not to, even though she lost a sale in doing so.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:44 am

Ripe bananas are delicious. Even more delicious than my avatar. And my avatar is super delicious, so you know bananas are good! grin
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:10 pm

^^ Hell, now I'm hungry for all sorts of things. naughty
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 2:26 pm

^^Bad girl! shock LOL
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:00 pm

I wonder what is going to happen today.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:16 pm

More feminine issues... I'm starting to think my generic pills are not much more than sugar pills, with how my body's been reacting lately.

On the bright side, it's payday and I'm depositing my check in a little while. Smile (no bonus check)
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Random Thoughts - Page 2 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7678565

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:33 pm

If you want to rant about feminine issues, join my gang

As for your bonus, well I thought that would have been a certainty. You need to keep up the job hunt for an employer who will recognise your talents

You could always just stay at home and imagine Diva's avatar and bananas though naughty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Thoughts   Random Thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next