TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Go down 
+12
Madelchai
Vampira132
RedAngel
Emmature
endless dark
helen damnation
MoonRaven
Spooky
La Diva Carlotta
WrappedinReflection
deadcoldgothgirl
Ginger_Snaps
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7582379
Registration date : 2008-07-24

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:23 pm

I used to like our neighbor Linda, but the more my mom tells me about how she is treating my mom, the more I'm starting not to like her. This woman is always really nice when she talks to me, but my mom said every time I'm not around, Linda will be bitter to my mom.

Mom hired Linda to do house cleaning because she felt bad for the woman since she didn't have a job. My mom started having financial trouble and couldn't pay her. Every time mom gave her money, she wouldn't record it. Linda came up with some crazy amount that my mom owed her. She would sit on her phone while smokeing and come edge the grass by hand late at night and charge my mom.

I guess linda sent two kids to our house and told them she bought my moms bricks which was a lie. She is also going into our back yard and garage and stealing our stuff. She added $500 to what my mom owes her. I told my mom to put a lock on the garage and gate, ask for her stuff back before she gives her money, and then when she gets her stuff tell linda she isn't going to add the $500 to the amount owed. My mom didn't sign anything and I personally think my mom paid back everything she owed this woman. Mom isn't legally liable and I think she should get out of this situation. She doesn't deserve to be treated so poorly from someones psychotic rude words.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583589
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:23 am

Things are just breaking down in my house. First the main satellite receiver dies (but I have a second spare one), my drier dies, and the bobbin winder on my sewing machine broke. I hope it doesn't cost too much to get the bobbin winder fixed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6148407
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:36 pm

^Perhaps the old saying about people dying (they go in 3's) goes for appliances too? I have no clue what a fair price for fixing bobbin winders are, but it shouldn't be too much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:51 pm

I'm just too lazy. I know I have a reason to be since I'm running all week long, but I have feeling drained and not wanting to move.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 25883sk
More Numbers : 7412524
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:20 pm

QueenbHorror wrote:
^Perhaps the old saying about people dying (they go in 3's) goes for appliances too? I have no clue what a fair price for fixing bobbin winders are, but it shouldn't be too much.

OK, so it's not just my family who believes in the Rule of 3s!

I'm sick again. tongue But I've got drugs to heal me and make me functional in the meantime. Smile Glad to have good insurance, but also wishing I didn't have to spend $102 in Dr visits and prescriptions over the past month. That was going to go toward Autumn clothes or boots.

I don't usually get sick a lot, but when I do I apparently give it my all. faint
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 9:26 pm

^Haha, guess not! And it always seems to prove true some how wtf

Hope you start to feeling better though!! hug
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7558052
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 11:26 pm

This school thing is really cramping up my relationship(s) sad or frown
Mainly the one with the man, which is even worse *sigh*
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
More Numbers : 7584553
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 11:51 pm

The repair men where here yesterday but they're still not done with my ceiling and will be returning tomorrow morning. Fuckers. On the bright side, at least I'll be able to take off one more day from work. tongue

My friend's birthday was today and to celebrate her boyfriend planned a whole day of activities. I'm so tired!

Seriously, I have not had any time to rest since I got back from Iceland. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Bjevig
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:05 am

Had to drive her back to the airport today.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:10 am

^^ sad or frown
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Madelchai wrote:

Thats a bummer sad or frown But I hope she has a good, safe flight back home.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Madelchai wrote:

Aw. That was such a quick visit. sad or frown Safe travels to her. Hope it's not long before there's no longer a distance between you 2.
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7680572

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:43 pm

some voice thing keeps popping on telling me how to delete my cache and cookies in firefox and I.E.... I have no clue how to stop it :?
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Sinus infection. drunken Wish I could have left my nose at home today. lol
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:12 pm

^^Ugh! Feel better soon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:17 pm

^^^Feel better! I'd send you some of our sunshine, but I don't want it to be in the 50s here again for a while tongue

My rant: While I really love the fact that I finally have another job, I won't be able to attend Russian Table any more because of having to work. sad or frown Hopefully others show up so that it can go somewhere and I'll try to show up should I manage to not be scheduled for a Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7678557

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:17 am

It's raining. So I have a headache and my bedroom window is leaking as usual.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:25 am

Diva and Nsane, thanks. hug Hopefully I'll be better by the weekend.

Moon: ugh! Hope the weather lets up so you can feel better. hug Have you got a towel by the window?

Today I get to resume my role as amateur tech support: trying to de-install AVG 2012 free edition. Turns out we already have MS Security Essentials, which appears to offer the same protection. AVG is making this machine slow as hell, but when I try to de-install it, I get a message saying it can't be de-installed b/c it was never installed in the first place. erm.... wtf
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
More Numbers : 7558052
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Have you tried to restart the computer? Or pull up the actual AVG folder? You can open the folder to see if there are actual contents inside that you can uninstall. I am surprised AVG has bogged down your computer. It's supposed to be one of the most compatible that won't bog down the system. Unless you're running an older operating system, then it might. Hope you can get it figured out!
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:47 pm

It is a damn religion class about death and dying, not an english class. The course description says, "Religious and cultural understandings of death: selected religious and moral problems related to death, e.g., suicide, abortion, euthanasia; religious rituals and death."

So please explain to me why we are only talking about critical thinking skills, reading like a detective, and reading information based on opinion rather then fact? This book is 37 years old and has nothing to do with other cultures or religous views. It has everything to do with assumptions coming accross as facts from two psychologists in love with Freud.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:04 pm

^^ Is the reading intended to be an example of faulty religious/cultural understandings? In my gender studies classes and some of my art history classes, we studied heavily biased writings as well as less biased ones, to understand how misconceptions can form. Imagine, for example, the differences between a Victorian man's written viewpoint and a 1970s woman's.

WrappedinReflection wrote:
Have you tried to restart the computer? Or pull up the actual AVG folder? You can open the folder to see if there are actual contents inside that you can uninstall. I am surprised AVG has bogged down your computer. It's supposed to be one of the most compatible that won't bog down the system. Unless you're running an older operating system, then it might. Hope you can get it figured out!

Actually I'm glad you said that: I had initially opened All Programs, selected AVG and selected Uninstall -- but going through that process again a few mins ago, I noticed I left two boxes in the task pane unchecked. I checked them and clicked Uninstall -- which it did without problem. Thanks for giving me the idea to have another look! Smile

Yeah, we've used AVG in the past with no problem (apart from expected lagginess during scans). But the 2012 version gave us a hard time for some reason. Since we're already running MS Security Essentials without issue, we'll just stick with that instead.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:05 pm

RedAngel wrote:
^^ Is the reading intended to be an example of faulty religious/cultural understandings? In my gender studies classes and some of my art history classes, we studied heavily biased writings as well as less biased ones, to understand how misconceptions can form. Imagine, for example, the differences between a Victorian man's written viewpoint and a 1970s woman's.

Nope. She is in love with the author and thinks he can do no wrong. Even though it is 37 years later, she said he is the most important person there is on the subject. I highly doubt that. Feelings about death and cultural meaning have changed in the last 37 years. We aren't even learning about what other religions or cultures think about the subject. She said the only one that matters is ours. Um that isn't what the course discription says. No one in that class is happy with her. She talks more about being a critical thinking then anything involving death.

We spent an hour today talking about how we need to take marginal notes, underline, learn critical thinking, and read like detectives. We spent 10 minutes discussing a portfolio she is basing most of our grade off of, and literally 5 minutes trying to discuss an outline about the stupid book we are reading. Out of a class that is an 75 minutes long and twice a week, we spent 5 minutes on part of the actual topic for the class. This is a high 300 level class. If people don't know how to do those things already, they should be in this class. This is an empty class I need just for credits. I should have dropped it.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 7:23 pm

^^ Oh -- then that sucks! The class is supposed to involve religious and cultural understandings of death, but she's insisting that the only relevant view is the one from which she is looking? She sounds underqualified and overly-biased to teach that class.

I had a high school teacher who was similarly bad at teaching her topic (English lit). She was just flaky though -- students would make points she didn't even get. And it was a public school, so it was really difficult to voice any feedback about her to anyone who could change things. I know in college students get to evaluate a professor at the end of the semester, but can you and the other students raise concerns about her any sooner? This class is costing you money, and she's wasting that money from the sounds of it. The college needs to know, I think. If you voice a grievance as a group, they might take it more seriously.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:41 pm

^^I'm not sure how making a relgion class into an english class even touches the subject. I agree with you though. I've wanted to talk to the department dean, and another girl in class was saying she wanted to do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:45 am

deadcoldgothgirl wrote:
^^I'm not sure how making a relgion class into an english class even touches the subject.

I'm not sure if you're referring to your professor turning Religion into English, or to the parallel I was drawing between your prof and my old English Lit teacher -- but either way, yeah, talking to the dept. dean is definitely worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. - Page 39 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next