TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Movie remakes make me crazy!!!

Go down 
+18
RedAngel
Spooky
Succubus
SPF
Nightmistress
ravengrim
Dark Gentleman
purpleluna
Ginger_Snaps
helen damnation
Vampira132
chelseagirl
MoonRaven
endless dark
angelofthenight
Maxmordon
lollirot
retroscope
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7577687
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 3:06 pm

^^ Haha, there's enough of him to go around for everyone. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 11:30 pm

He doesn't know how to use is glove. I think I should show him the best way to torture someone with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7576126
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 2:20 am

^^^ That's true! For being his 'trademark' there was never enough glove kills in the movies.

Ah, the glove........*drools*
Back to top Go down
Dark Gentleman
Dark Gentleman

Pisces Pig
Number of posts : 394
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 2vwy0zq
More Numbers : 7568188
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 4:31 am

Maxmordon wrote:
They are remaking Metropolis...

I hope to hell they do the remake of Metropolis. It's about damn time too.

Even though I still love the classic version, but I would like to see a more up-to-date kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
retroscope
retroscope

Number of posts : 14
More Numbers : 7574709
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 3:15 pm

Ok....So I got a list of movie remakes that are either complete or due to be finished in the next 3 years. I have to say that I am so pissed off at some of them that I want to strangle these Hollywood idiots! If Madonna gets her funding for Casablanca (set in war torn Iraq and starring herself) then I think that it will be the 7th sign of the Apocolypse!

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea - (Classic...leave it alone!)
All Of Me
The Big Chill
The Blob
The Boys From Brazil - (Are you kidding me?)
The Bride Of Frankenstein
Charlie Chan
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things - (One of the cheesiest horror flicks, but scared me to death as a kid...leave it alone!)
Clash Of The Titans - (God Damn it...leave it alone!)
Damn Yankees
Death Wish
The Dirty Dozen - (This is sacreligious...one of the best war movies ever made and a cast that can never be matched)
Emma - (yeah...we need yet another remake of this movie)
The Fly
Footloose (um...yeah)
Highlander
Love At First Bite
The Man Who Fell To Earth (Jesus Christ...this is going too far)
Metropolis
My Bodyguard
Pet Sematary
Phantasm
Red Sonja
Revenge Of The Nerds - (WHAT???)
Robocop
Rock & Roll High School - (Without the Ramones...not a chance)
Rocky Horror Picture Show (No no no no no)
Rosemary's Baby - (The original was perfection...leave it alone!)
Scanners
The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty
Short Circuit
Strangers On A Train - (Hitchcock classic....leave it alone)Sunset Boulevard - (Hmmm...a triple Oscar winner...yeah it "needs" a remake and just "anyone" could play Gloria Swanson's part as Norma Desmond))
Swiss Family Robinson
The Tingler - (Fun and cheesy horror flick starring the amazing Vincent Price...enough said)
To Catch A Thief - (Hitchcock must be rolling in his grave. No one can replace Cary Grant in this film)
Topper
The Toy
Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea
When Worlds Collide
Witness For The Prosecution
The Wolfman
The Women
Back to top Go down
http://www.retroscopefashions.com
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 3:29 pm

I've seen most of those and from what i've seen, they're classics and shouldn't be touched. I am wondering though why anyone would want to remake Revenge of the Nerds. wtf
Back to top Go down
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7677946
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 4:22 pm

I've never heard of nearly all of the movies on that list having been re-made wtf I've seen nearly all the originals though...
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
retroscope
retroscope

Number of posts : 14
More Numbers : 7574709
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 9:35 pm

These movies are already scheduled to be remade within the next three years...that's why you haven't seen the remakes yet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.retroscopefashions.com
lollirot
lollirot

Scorpio Snake
Number of posts : 769
: : Horror Aficionado
More Numbers : 7576126

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:52 pm

Ah man, they're remaking the Bride. That's really sad, but would be cool to see more of her.....maybe, her role was not meant to be big either ways.
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:25 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 6:30 pm

And the list gets longer... *sigh*

*Begins to rip hair out* Mad
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
More Numbers : 7580963

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 11:31 pm

I've said it once and I'll say it again, we should bomb Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Nightmistress
Nightmistress

Sagittarius Goat
Number of posts : 491
More Numbers : 7576263

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:44 pm

Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th
Child's Play
Evil Dead
Rocky Horror Picture show
Revenge of the Nerds
Hellraiser
I think I heard they want to remake The Breakfast Club too.

This is crap. Mad I'm with you Ginger we need to bomb Hollywood. It's not going to stop until these idiots stop going to the theaters to see them though. As long as the remakes make money Hollywood will continue to make them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/XwhipsXchainsXhandcuffs
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Hmmm....
I can see MAYBE "Friday the 13th" and "Child's Play" being remade... update the graphics, modernize it, etc... but the rest really should NOT be touched short of "cleaning" the image up.
Remakes = Bad

But it's not just these... remakes are done practically monthly or yearly that we don't even realize (at first at least). There's no such thing as an "original idea" so they have to make money somehow/where.

You're right though, raven, as long as people continue to pay to go see them AND they make a profit off it... they'll continue to do it. Personally this is just one of many reasons I'm a proud Pirate... and eventually, as the frequency of this increases, eventually they'll get to a point where they no longer make a profit and it smears the image of the celebrities dumb enough to participate to one of two things occurs:
1) They start hiring no names/no talent "actors" practically right off the stret.
2) They realize the cost to hire talent, produce movies, etc. is rediculously high and HOPEFULLY the costs go down, celebrities don't get paid BS amounts of money, and the costs to see a movie in theater and/or rent/buy a dvd decreases along with it.

So hey, if it means Hollywood's & celebrities' downfall then let them continue remaking crap until they're out of business for all I care - I wont be spending a dime on this bs either way.
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Yes remakes Bad.
This remake is very bad. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117997365?categoryId=1350&cs=1
That is what I was crying about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Odd, for some reason I can't get that link to work...
What is it?
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 5:24 pm

Norrington flies with 'Crow' franchise
Filmmaker to write, direct reinvention of series
By MICHAEL FLEMING
Norrington

“The Crow” will fly again.
Stephen Norrington has signed on to write and direct a reinvention of “The Crow,” based on the comic created by James O’Barr.

Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity Media is negotiating with producer Ed Pressman to acquire the film franchise and finance the film.

Pressman produced the 1994 Alex Proyas-directed screen transfer, in which rock musician Eric Draven is murdered trying to rescue his girlfriend from thugs, and returns from the dead one year later to exact vengeance. Though the original became a gothic-style hit that grossed nearly $100 million worldwide, it is primarily remembered for a tragic accident in which star Brandon Lee was killed during filming.

For Norrington, “The Crow” deal marks the end of a long screen sabbatical. After making his breakthrough with the Marvel Comics hero “Blade,” Norrington took on a big-budget comic transfer with “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” Neither the director nor his star, Sean Connery, has made a film since.

Norrington said he felt demoralized by that experience, and the accomplished sculptor spent the next five years writing and working on his art. He made a deal to direct “Clash of the Titans” for Warner Bros., but left the project, he said, because he was “unable to excite Warner Bros. with my take, or influence the screenplay to any comfortable extent.” That pic goes into production early next year with Louis Leterrier at the helm.

Norrington resolved to focus on independent projects, and sparked to an approach on “The Crow” from Relativity production chief Tucker Tooley and Pressman. Norrington had a relationship with Pressman when they came close to making “Mutant Chronicles” several years ago. Both embraced Norrington’s vision of the antihero, which Norrington said will be different than the film Proyas made.

“Whereas Proyas’ original was gloriously gothic and stylized, the new movie will be realistic, hard-edged and mysterious, almost documentary-style,” Norrington told Daily Variety.

Norrington is repped by Endeavor.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7674626

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:11 pm

That is so bad on so many levels Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:01 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no problem with them producing crappy sequels (the only good one being "City of Angels" which was the second) but to remake the original is blasphemy! It's a dishonour to Brandon Lee's death and whomever actually decides to remake it and goes through with it should be tortured, killed, and will burn in hell along with anyone who contributes to the movie.
I swear, if I find a fax number to this guy and the company supporting him... they will be flooded with hate/protest signs.
Back to top Go down
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:26 pm

I think this is a good example of why not to remake this movie.
I was telling someone earlier that this movie was a part of my teenage years.Remaking it is like slapping those memories in the face.
I think alot of other people will be unhappy about it as well.
Plus look who wants to direct it. sick
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7674626

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:28 pm

That's what made me go EWWWWWWWWWWWW the most sick

There are no new film ideas though so they have to go and mess with classics
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:57 pm

OMG No! What would make someone want to go and remake The Crow?! I'm sorry but as far i'm concerned, there will be only one man fit to ever play The Crow and that's Brandon Lee. He was, is and always will be The Crow and no one can do even a half as good job at that.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
More Numbers : 7566162
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:59 pm

angelofthenight wrote:
OMG No! What would make someone want to go and remake The Crow?! I'm sorry but as far i'm concerned, there will be only one man fit to ever play The Crow and that's Brandon Lee. He was, is and always will be The Crow and no one can do even a half as good job at that.

ahhh- there are like 5 crows already. Why a remake??

And someone told me there is a Nightmar Before Christmas 2 called The Nightmare after Christmas- has anyone else heard of this.
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:05 pm

^^ This is my first time hearing of it. I do know there's a game out that kinda acts like the sequel. It's called Oogie Boogie's Revenge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie remakes make me crazy!!!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next