TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Movie remakes make me crazy!!!

Go down 
+18
RedAngel
Spooky
Succubus
SPF
Nightmistress
ravengrim
Dark Gentleman
purpleluna
Ginger_Snaps
helen damnation
Vampira132
chelseagirl
MoonRaven
endless dark
angelofthenight
Maxmordon
lollirot
retroscope
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:25 pm

I've been watching Japanese horror movies on youtube, and after watching them, it disgusts me that America takes good stories and completely b*stardizes them. I watched Chakushin Ari (One Missed Call) and absolutely feel like if I were to watch the American version, it would make the Japanese movie look horrible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
endless dark
admin
endless dark

Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 6473
: : Fearless Leader
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 Egbrlw
More Numbers : 7677946
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.darkrealm13.com
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:09 pm

^^Oh God....no!!! That's terrible!
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7570797
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:14 am

Guess what everybody, Hollywood is remaking The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, that's right, yet another wonderful foreign film is being remade because Hollywood is lazy and unable to think of its' own ideas.

Director is Pissed
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 10:56 am

^^Oh man, that sucks. Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was an excellent film. I just know the American version will not be as good as the original. And I really don't like the actress they hired to play Lisbeth Salander.

Interesting article by the way. I've seen the original and the American remakes of The Vanishing and Insomnia. Both versions of Insomnia were excellent, but the remake of the Vanishing was laughable. There was this feeling of creepiness and desperation in the original French/Dutch version that just wasn't captured in the American remake. And they changed the ending - it made no sense!
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7570797
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:11 pm

Well there are a ton of remakes, as usual coming out, some of them look like drizzle sh*t whereas others may be really awesome; so lets get into it.

Right off the top, Robocop (that rhymed by the way, made me laugh while typing it).

Yet another Hollywood glossy remake of an 80's film which attempts to utilize all of the fancy CGI to mask the fact that it will probably suck.  Yeah, it's got Sam Jackson, Michael Keaton and Gary Oldman in it; but the simple fact they removed the epic murder scene by Clarence Boddicker (Kurtwood Smith is the f'n man) and his gang, it's fail city.  Robocop was thee most over-the-top violent and depraved film of the 1980's which received major studio support aside from Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, and this film will lose not only the ultraviolent intensity but the novelty of uniqueness it had when the original came out.

Yurusarezaru Mono (Unforgiven)

This really excites me because there is a long and honestly storied history of Western films being inspired by Samurai films, most notably Sergio Leone's trilogy that started Clint Eastwood's career being based directly after Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo.  There's a fair amount of similarities to the idea of the American gunslinger during the western expanse and the traveling swordsman in feudal Japan; the wilderness, the secluded small towns which offered brothels and gambling houses, bandits, etc.  So a Japanese film turning Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven into a samurai film in 1880's Meiji-era Japan, with Ken Watanabe as the lead and Sang-il Lee (who's still really young) as director should be all kinds of badass.

Oldboy

Spike Lee presents a film that was batshit kooky, but Americans are too lazy to read subtitles, so we'll give them this watered down remake to have.  This reminds me of Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Let The Right One In, The Grudge, and this list could just go on and on and get sadder and sadder.  Just go home Hollywood, you're drunk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
ravengrim
ravengrim

Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 7192
: : The Fallen Angel
: : Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 Evil10
More Numbers : 7683317
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 1:44 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie remakes make me crazy!!!   Movie remakes make me crazy!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie remakes make me crazy!!!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4