TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?

Go down 
+39
Zelda!
velvet spider
GothicScrybe
chelseagirl
Emmature
Luminita
SweetVervain
deadcoldgothgirl
PorcelainPirate
WrappedinReflection
OrpheusFaust
Lolita Rose
JJ_Decay
TheDarkHippie
cynfullov
RedAngel
*Morbid Doll*
BadArt23
Succubus
beautyindecay
La Diva Carlotta
Vampira132
squeakychewtoy
DarkDreamer
Maxmordon
helen damnation
edgeeffect
Synth
Glamboy
SPF
ravengrim
Spooky
angelofthenight
MoonRaven
Morwenna
lollirot
endless dark
Ginger_Snaps
albinasamara
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 25883sk
More Numbers : 7404646
Registration date : 2008-11-30

What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:38 pm

G and I went with our friend Mike to the newly-renovated NC Museum of Art. The visit was mainly to celebrate Mike's 60th birthday, so we spent a good amt. of time in the European collection (Mike was a European History major in college and is still a big-time history buff). I got to tell him about the process involved in religious icon-writing, we talked a lot about life in the Middle Ages, and we checked out the Museum's new Rodin sculpture garden, which had a lily pond at the center. Smile It's been a fantastic day and I can't wait to go back to visit the parts we didn't see today!
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7576675
Registration date : 2008-07-23

What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:29 am

I went to Hair the musical on Broadway last night. It was excellent.

Steel Burkhardt, the actor who plays Berger, is the most beautiful man alive. blush
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 25883sk

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 1:05 pm

^^ Wasn't it excellent? And yeah, he was ahhmazing. Wink He was in the production down here, too -- I guess it's the same cast along this coast, or are they all touring the U.S. together?
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7669374
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Learning German through the medium of Mad Sin!

If you had told me a year ago that their lead singer was teaching me the language I would have laughed!
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6140529
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:43 pm

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
I went to Hair the musical on Broadway last night. It was excellent.

Steel Burkhardt, the actor who plays Berger, is the most beautiful man alive. blush

I've been wanting to see it live! Love the movie, but I'm sure a live performance would blow the movie out of the water. Glad you had a good time
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 Sdd7oz

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:28 am

^^It's actually a tour. Here's their schedule: http://hairontour.com/schedule.php

Yesterday I went to see the Alexander McQueen exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was fantastic! They had a ton of his dresses and accessories. The museum folks did a fabulous job putting the exhibit together. But it was beyond crowded! We waited online for an hour and a half before we could get in, and once we got in it was hard to move around because we were packed like sardines in there! LOL Enjoyed the exhibit anyway, but I wish I they would have allowed us to take pictures.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7670679
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:28 am

Me and Michael went to the Ontario Science Centre last week.
Watched a film in the Omnimax theatre.
Plan for next week is CNE on Wednesday. Like we go every year. And the Royal Ontario Museum on Friday. I mean why not. We get in for free.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 1421
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 6tpz4k
More Numbers : 7565545
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:49 pm

It was my last day at one of my jobs yesterday, since school starts in two weeks. Over 20 of my co-workers gathered for a going away party for me which was absolutely awesome. We made the bar/restaurant we went to pretty rich, and I was shown so much love I can't describe it. I now live only 5 minutes away from the restaurant I've worked at since I decided to return to school after my 7 year hiatus, so I can visit and hang out with everyone whenever. Plus the university I'm attending is in a town where half the staff live and a few go there as well. Still, this is like a huge chapter of my life finishing, since I've formed so many friendships that have become really strong. With school going to be busy, and the video game quickly moving to important steps like speaking with lawyers and graphic designers, I might not see them for a bit; but I can't stay away for too long.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fetishfactory.com
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7350132
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:43 pm

That's awesome! It's good to still be around the same people. I know that when I quit my job, quit school, and moved back home it was a jarring experience. The love of friends is one of the greatest things in this life. I still regret not seeing you on your Texan excursion.
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 Th_sta10

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:32 am

My cousin posted this link on my facebook this morning, and I was shocked to find myself on the article. Its from the hearse club meet from Sat.. It made me laugh how the writer said some people came out in full goth look, like it was some planned costume (because isn't all clothes a costume of some sort?). Anyway, I had no one else to share this with, so I'm bothering you all with my nonsense.

(I'm the first one in the photo gallery...the one doing the weird arm thing. That wasn't my idea, by the way)
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 am

^^ Demeaning reporting re: what the reporter chooses not to understand... ahh it drives me nuts -- but it's still great that the event got coverage! And congrats on being in the article's "cover" photo! Smile

I took a test yesterday to see whether I am a synesthete.
Synesthesia
The test site

I've always associated letters and numbers with certain colors, but never knew whether it was due to the colorful letter/number magnets I played with when I was little, or just how my mind works. I always thought it was weird so I tried to fight it and ignore it -- but it does help me remember names and numbers really well. Anyway, my test scores are just past the range of the clinical definitions of synesthesia -- so I'm not, but I tested close. It was interesting and fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:05 am

^^Very interesting! I didn't know that existed.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7560910
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:06 pm

Spent the weekend in Lincoln NE for a conference. Then I went to Oktoberfest!!!
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Just got back from my trip to the south. I went to two different state parks to find gators but I didn't see any sad or frown. I even went during prime basking time and made sure I found signs that said "dont feed the alligators."

I also ate fried pickles which were amazing and got to see many pretty mansions.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:46 am

^^ Sorry about the lack of gators, but apart from that, hope you had a good time. Smile I never had the nerve to touch fried pickles, I give you credit! After seeing someone take part in a fried-pickle-eating contest (it was a half-time show between roller derby bouts... the poor girl), I couldn't think about trying one. They're good though?
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:42 pm

^^^I think fried pickles are awesome, however I dont think they, or anything, would taste good after an eating contest
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:41 pm

I went with Gareth and his parents to New Zealand! The trip was our Christmas present. We visited the North and South islands. The trip in a nutshell:

It was theoretically summer there, but unfortunately they were having a stint of cold, rainy, windy, damp weather during our trip. And lucky me, I brought only warm-weather clothes except for a sweatshirt and jeans, lol. We did get in a few clear days, though. We saw plenty of extended family, saw my sis-in-law's new townhouse (she is officially a veterinarian now! She starts work Jan. 23rd, lucky gal), and stayed at a cousin's new B&B for a night. We shopped a little on Ponsonby Row (where I got a great sleeveless black dress that I'll probably have for a decade); I got some beads too. We did plenty of hiking -- not quite enough, though, to burn off all the ice cream Wink NZ ice cream is amazing! The hiking was serious; lots of steep trails with sheer cliff drop-offs, but the flora and the waterfalls offset the acrophobia. So thankful for sneakers with good tread! New Year's by the shore was beautiful and fun, though bone-chillingly damp. Another of Gareth's cousins runs an albatross-watching tour boat, so we got to see albatrosses -- wingspans of 5-6 feet -- and seal colonies as well.

Partway through the trip Gareth and I headed up to Russell for a few days, near the tip of the North Island, where it was warm sunny and clear. We finally had beach weather. Smile I pocketed a few shells, of course, and on one hike (elevations are extreme in NZ b/c of its volcanic history) we found another beach, one with warnings about it being a kiwi reserve, and a note about it being a "naturist" beach. We thought that had a conservation meaning to it; not quite... Wink

We did a lot of driving through the countryside, too (ok, not me; I didn't quite trust myself to drive on the left). LOTS of sheep, cows, horses, and the occasional alpaca farm. Rolling hills, more of those steep cliffs, and fish & chip shops (Gareth sampled most of them, lol).

Oh -- and there was archery; see left. Turns out I'm pretty decent at it. Smile I think I want to take it up; got to find classes around here.

My favorite hike: Fairy Falls, Auckland
The albatross tour
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:47 am

^I always seem to pack the wrong clothes whenever I go on trips grin You're trip sounds wonderful! Even with the occasional "naturist" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster
: : What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 6tpz4k

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 am

That sounds like an amazing trip Red, sounds like you saw and did some great things.

Also, albatross-watching tour, for the absolute win.
Back to top Go down
WrappedinReflection
star member
WrappedinReflection

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 3078
More Numbers : 7550174
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:50 am

Red: The trip sounds amazing! The Fairy Falls are gorgeous Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.viewbug.com/member/scphotographic
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Thanks! Smile

On Fri. night I went to an art opening that was also a jewelry trunk show. I was one of the necklace models for the photo shoot, and it was great to see and chat with all the other models, from so many different walks of life, and to hear live music from saxophonist Glen Ingram. Great also to meet up with the photographer again; I've done some portfolio consultation work for him in the past and am working on another project for him now. Seeing the jewelry designer was great too -- he's a fun guy; strange and full of stories but so wise too. I bought a pair of earrings he designed, to show support and also b/c they were just that pretty. Smile I also met up with a friend of mine there; she brought her mom, and we talked a little about my designs. Lo and behold, she bought one of my necklaces from Etsy later that night. grin I'm meeting up with her Tuesday for frozen yogurt, girl talk and to give her the necklace in person. So, lots of arty goodness all around.
Back to top Go down
Spooky
vip member
Spooky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:33 pm

Red, sounds like all kinds of awesome things, good for.

Yesterday i had a few hours to kill while a number of pieces were being printed for me at a photoshop, so I was going to swing by the bar to pass the time between noon and three. Then all of sudden I decided to spur of the moment buy flowers for the pretty twins who work at the bar, since they've been buying me shots and breakfast for the last few months and generally being cool. I walk in with the roses (color coordinated to match their hair highlights), and they're not there; switched days with another girl. So I left the flowers in the package goods fridge so they wouldn't die in the heat, and after three hours of hanging out, I was convinced by some of the girls there to bring the flowers to their house. To quote my friend J; "if you bought me flowers, you better bring them wherever the f--- I am so I can gush, what girl doesn't want gifts?" So, convinced, I swung by and knocked on their door, no answer, and just as I was bout to leave one of the girls came walking up from the brocery store kinda shocked I was there. I didn't want to seem intrusive, but explained their horrible scheduling change really threw a monkey wrench into my surprinsing them with roses. I found out the other sister didn't want to answer the door because she was still in her jammies without her hair and makeup done, and the one who was out kept saying who she must look a mess, yada yada. I was all like; "nonsense, you're beautiful".

So, I hope my attempts at sweetness didn't go too far, and their thanks weren't just politeness over my unexpected visit.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:33 pm

^^ Tip: Roses are always a Win. Smile Not to over-generalize, but if there's a woman out there who does not appreciate a gift of roses, either they came from a truly malignant character (which you're not) or she ought to have her uterus revoked. I'd say that's true of any gift, or any gift of flowers, but roses (regardless of color) tend to say "I thought of you and then worked to find something nearly as beautiful as you are."

And then we get to look at them for days. grin What's not to love about that?
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Spooky- Thats so sweet. I'm sure you made both of their days. And Red is right, roses=win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:05 pm

RedAngel wrote:
^^ Tip: Roses are always a Win. Smile Not to over-generalize, but if there's a woman out there who does not appreciate a gift of roses, either they came from a truly malignant character (which you're not) or she ought to have her uterus revoked. I'd say that's true of any gift, or any gift of flowers, but roses (regardless of color) tend to say "I thought of you and then worked to find something nearly as beautiful as you are."

And then we get to look at them for days. grin What's not to love about that?

meh I'd rather have something a little more permanent I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?   What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently? - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is something really fun/cool/awesome/unusual that you've done recently?
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next