TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Vegan Makeup

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 389
: : Where You At?
: : Vegan Makeup 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7586616
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 1:03 am

I'm getting sick of using all the commercial "cruelty-free" brands that I know are not really cruelty-free ( Oh yea, we're cruelty free, we just use products that are tested *for* us Rolling Eyes ) , but the Whole Foods store I go to does not carry any foundation. Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Vegan Makeup 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:51 am

Awesome -- someone else who is looking for vegan makeup!

Well, there's Urban Decay -- it's not a vegan line, but they have a lot of vegan products. Pricey, but I've always been happy with the quality.

http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/SurrealSkinLiquidFoundation.cfm

I don't use foundation, but UD is good stuff in general. I've also heard good things about Beauty Without Cruelty, but I've never tried it. Might try searching for "vegan makeup" or better yet "vegan makeup reviews".

Also, you might like mineral makeup. It covers like foundation (I tried it; wanted more of a powder finish for myself though, so it didn't suit me), and there ought not be any slaughterhouse byproducts snuck in there.

Let me know if you find any other good brands! Oh, and if you have a good source for affordable non-leather footwear, please pm me with that. Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Vegan Makeup Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7595057
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:52 pm

I used to use Larenim. It's 100% mineral and isn't tested on animals. They have an awesome collection of eyeshadow and blush colors, and their foundations are excellent too. The only reason I stopped using them is because all of their products come only in loose powder form. I'm sloppy and lazy and prefer pressed powders and liquid foundations.
Back to top Go down
GhostRed
GhostRed

Scorpio Rat
Number of posts : 445
: : Vegan Makeup Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7589348
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Ah, you've come to the right place. Here's where I get all of mine:

http://veganstore.com/cruelty-free-cosmetics/cosmetics-by-type.html

They have loads of foundation in the "face" section (naturally Rolling Eyes ).
Back to top Go down
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:01 pm

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
I used to use Larenim. It's 100% mineral and isn't tested on animals. They have an

Ah, I recall GB doing a piece on Larenim, no?

And thanks ladies! I will look through these all. Smile

Edit: GhostRed, which kind do you get exactly? I'm seeing a lot of really good-looking ones at *great* prices, but then again, it's foundation and you can never really tell unless you've used it.
Back to top Go down
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
More Numbers : 7526902
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:34 pm

RedAngel wrote:
Oh, and if you have a good source for affordable non-leather footwear, please pm me with that. Thanks. Very Happy

When it comes to footwear, I've actually had amazing luck at department stores, especially Kohls. I'm not sure what type of shoes you're looking into, but over the years I've found faux-leather mary-janes, combat boots, granny boots, and dominatrix boots among others at Kohls. Most of the ones I bought were made by Mudd, and I've only had minimal issues with them-- normal wear and tear on the pleather (nothing a sharpie or a bit of paint can't hide) a broken zipper (after I had worn those boots everyday for over a year) and in one case a heel snapped off of one of my boots while I was running through the woods, which was completely my fault since I shouldn't have been wearing heels there in the first place. They're not super cheap shoes, but they're not terribly expensive either, and are capable of withstanding a fair amount of abuse.
Back to top Go down
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:07 pm

There were also some vegan shoes on the side GhostRed posted. The only thing is, I never order shoes from online because I have to try them on before buying, so I still wear my leather Doc Marten boots, which grosses me out, because they don't make vegetarian shoes anymore.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Vegan Makeup 25883sk
More Numbers : 7423028
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:48 pm

DD & BadArt: Thanks! Kohl's -- who knew? There are one or two in my city; I'll have to have a look. Usually I have good luck at Payless and Sears too, but my luck is kind of hit-or-miss. Good to have more leads.

GhostRed: I've briefly checked out veganstore, but wasn't sure about the quality of what they carry. I'll have to give them a shot. Smile

I've also found good vegan products at little mom-and-pop health food stores. I was lucky to have one nearby when I lived in CT, and now I'm near one here too.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Yeah, We've got some great vegan products at our local WholeFoods as well, even some makeup (eyeliner, lip gloss, eye shadow, even makeup remover), but I can never find foundation. I ended up getting the BWC Matte Liquid Foundation and Loose Powder from the veganstores site. I'll let you ladies know how it works when I find out!
Back to top Go down

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:02 pm

wow... you're really going to hate your time here Badart... sorry, but we're all carnivores.. I'm not even sure where one of those types of shops would be here.
Back to top Go down
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:06 pm

shock Eek! It's ok, Lex & I will bring some food of our own along, I think. Well, at least I will, lol. If you have any asian food stores there that's good enough, they usually carry some vegan/vegetarian foods.
Back to top Go down

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:09 pm

Um.... I know where HyVee is. they have a health food section. Does that work?
Back to top Go down
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:15 pm

nsanelilmunky wrote:
Um.... I know where HyVee is. they have a health food section. Does that work?

I don't know what HyVee is. Upon looking at their site, I'm sure they'll do. It's not like I'm going up there for a month, anyway, lol. I will survive!
Back to top Go down

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:18 pm

>.<; hahhahaha...

band guitar

I will survive
as long as i know how to love
I know I will stay alive
I've got all my life to live
I've got all my love to give
and I'll survive
I will survive

LOL
Back to top Go down
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:01 pm

Yeah, you asked for it.
*smacks you upside the head*
tongue
Back to top Go down
BadArt23
BadArt23

Cancer Goat

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Alright ladies, I got my BWC makeup in the mail yesterday so I thought I'd give you a review. Well, to start off, I ordered from VeganStore recommended by GhostRed, and I was very impressed when I received their product because on the receipt were written the words, "Thank you!" I have never seen a mail-order company do that and I thought that was just grand.

Anyway, I ordered the Light Matte Liquid foundation (I meant to order Fair, which I'm going to have to do anyway) and the Fair Loose Powder.

The liquid foundation surprised me, because it was very red-tinted when it came out of the container, and it made my face look like I'd been fake-baking Embarassed
Other than the color, which was my mistake anyway, I quite liked it. It isn't oily at all, so it's very neat and clean to put on. I have very oily skin, but even after a long, stressful day, my skin didn't show nearly as much shine as it does when I use oil-based foundation.
Which brings me to the powder. I heart LOVED heart it! It went on so neatly, with no random gobs of it streaking my face, and probably contributed a lot to the anti-shine on my face as well.

So, BWC is awesome, except that their Light foundation is really red, and it's a horrid color.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vegan Makeup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Makeup   Vegan Makeup I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vegan Makeup
Page 1 of 1