TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Go down 
+25
Alenuska
JJ_Decay
Lolita Rose
endless dark
Vampira132
Nightmistress
WrappedinReflection
TheDarkHippie
BadArt23
Spooky
chelseagirl
ravengrim
SPF
Morwenna
beautyindecay
DarkDreamer
Succubus
Emmature
MoonRaven
RedAngel
La Diva Carlotta
angelofthenight
cynfullov
Madelchai
helen damnation
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
helen damnation
helen damnation

Gemini Number of posts : 5254
: : Satan's cheerleader
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. 2hreirs
More Numbers : 7678565
Registration date : 2008-07-21

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Thanks honey hug

I'm sure it will be better in the morning and I can always straighten my hair to death so that it hangs over my cheekbone and covers it up.
Back to top Go down
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583692

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:24 pm

Just found out my uncle was in a motorcycle accident the other day:

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2009/05/04/news/4878939.txt
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:26 pm

That's terrible Madelchai. He will be in my thoughts and I hope he's feeling a lot better soon
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. 2ajugar
More Numbers : 7644822
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:37 pm

For your Uncle and you Madelchia hug

And you too Helen hug I hope you all feel better soon.

SPF ... How's your finger doing???
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger
Number of posts : 5158
: : The Pumpkin Queen
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7581626
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:57 pm

That's awful Madelchai. He'll be in my prayers.

I'm in a lose/ lose situation. I can't afford to finish school. I only had about a year and a half left. I don't qualify for financial aid anymore because i've been in school for 5 years now. My boyfriend said he'll pay my tuition for me, but I can't let him do that, but if I don't finish school now, I won't want to go back. I don't know what to do right now sosad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blkgothchick
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7585866
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:05 pm

^^Let the man pay for school, girl!!!! My hubby paid for my grad school tuition. If he hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to attend.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. 25883sk
More Numbers : 7413837
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Madelchai wrote:
Just found out my uncle was in a motorcycle accident the other day:

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/articles/2009/05/04/news/4878939.txt

He's in my prayers, Madelchai. The "good condition" listing has me hopeful. hug

angelofthenight wrote:
That's awful Madelchai. He'll be in my prayers.

I'm in a lose/ lose situation. I can't afford to finish school. I only had about a year and a half left. I don't qualify for financial aid anymore because i've been in school for 5 years now. My boyfriend said he'll pay my tuition for me, but I can't let him do that, but if I don't finish school now, I won't want to go back. I don't know what to do right now sosad

I can understand not wanting to borrow the money -- I still hate to let my Fella pay for things, and in the 12 years I've known him he's never thrown money issues in my face -- but your bf knows how important this is and wants you to be happy. I'd say let him pay. You can always pay him back when you get that good solid job that your education helped you land. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
Madelchai
vip member
Madelchai

Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 1318
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. Bjevig
More Numbers : 7583692

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:00 pm

I guess he'll be "alright." He's got broken ribs and damaged vertabrae... face got a bit busted and his hands are completely bandaged plus general torn up all over.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 9359
: : Geisha
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. Th_inl10
More Numbers : 7679870

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:12 pm

I hope he is doing better Madelchai.

I agree with everyone Angel. Let the bf pay. You can pay him back.
Especially if finishing school is important to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/moonraven83
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
More Numbers : 7359323
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:13 am

Angel: Be careful. If the relationship becomes abusive or psychologically detrimental you both may feel the need to stay in it because of the financial investment. This happened with a friend who stayed with an angry alcoholic because he bought her a car back when things were good.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:50 am

Emma: You make a good point, but on the other hand, if Angel makes a decision now based on a decision she might make in the future, she could wind up holding herself back out of fear alone. I don't disagree with you; just saying I can see it both ways.
Back to top Go down
Succubus
supernova
Succubus

Libra Tiger
Number of posts : 6201
More Numbers : 7531301
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:21 am

I am getting to the point where I loath cards of any occasion. If I have to read *your in our thoughts * one more time I am going to be sick. sick
Back to top Go down
cynfullov
star member
cynfullov

Number of posts : 3919
Location : Wickedly at play while the GODS of HADES give an ever watchful grinning eye.
More Numbers : 7644822
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:54 am

You know, I've always wondered... where do all thoses Halloween cards go after Halloween? Is it some great big warehouse they send them to until it's time to break them out again next year ? They always seem to have a lot of new ones. mm.. Different ones.

Emmature wrote:
Angel: Be careful. If the relationship becomes abusive or psychologically detrimental you both may feel the need to stay in it because of the financial investment. This happened with a friend who stayed with an angry alcoholic because he bought her a car back when things were good.

Waves good JuJu on that to never happen! ---<<<<<>)))
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:59 am

Succubus: I can only imagine how it feels to read the same stuff over and over again hug . That's a really good question Cyn wtf

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm still not too sure on what I want to do. This whole situation has me depressed to the point where i'm skipping classes today. I'm just not seeing the point of it anymore. I really want to finish school, but i'm not sure if I can keep this work load up. It's getting to the point where my hair's falling out from all the stress. On top of that, just found out that the bf's reinlisting in the Army again and they're sending him to Hawaii in Feb for 3 years. He's insisted that I come with him and take 2 or 3 classes at one of the journalism schools there.

I've always believed in the phrase "everything happens for a reason," but I'm unsure of what the reasons are. I've been wanting to stay close to him and now I have the opportunity to. On the bright side, he says if I want to find a job in the newspaper business, the Army can help find me work. I've also wanted to create my own alternative zine, but classes have always gotten in the way. I don't know if this is a sign that I was meant to have this zine and put school on the side for awhile or not. I know I can be successful without a degree.

On top of all this, still haven't told my parents. They're going to be furious.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:06 am

^^ Wow Angel, that *is* a lot to consider. Take today's time off to spend some time on your own, maybe write down your thoughts to help sort them out. You know, retreat for a little bit and just listen to yourself; no doubt the answers will start to surface. Then maybe talk to your family when you're ready. Let us know how things go. hug
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks Red hug . I'm just worried about what my mom would say. I'm "the smart one" and she's always bragged about that to our other family members. If I say I need some time off, she would probably go on a giant rant. I love school, but i've been in school for the last 20 years of my life now and I don't think I can keep it up with out a little break. I'm going to take your advice and use today to reflect on where I want my life to go.
Back to top Go down
helen damnation
helen damnation

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:30 pm

Sweetheart, this may sound like a terrible cliche but just follow your heart. Believe me, if your Mum knows that you're happy and content that will mean more to her than anything else. hug
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Ah that sucks Angel hug not sure I can add to what everyone says...hope you find some answers.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:38 am

People on the train this morning were such a$$holes!!! I have a bandaged foot, and am walking with a limp and cane. Did they not see me??!! I was pushed, shoved, and nearly stepped on several times, and the train wasn't even crowded. Ugh!!!
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:46 pm

^^ Yep, that happens to my friend in a wheelchair/scooter way too often. Even when she used to use a walker. I don't know if people don't notice, or don't care, or are genuinely stupid. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
angelofthenight
star member

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 6:31 pm

Poor Diva. I know exactly how that is. People have no respect or manners these days hug

I'd like to thank everyone for the advice on my situation. I've finally made a decision. I've decided to move to Hawaii for the 3 years and get my degree. We've found the perfect school 15 minutes away from the base and it's less than $4000 a semester! A lot of my friends are mad at me for my choice, but I know he only wants what's best for me and I know he'll make sure I work to my fullest potential.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 8:47 pm

^^Angel, I'm glad you've made a decision. I'm happy that you have decided to finish your degree, even if it is at another school. grin
Back to top Go down
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7517711
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:04 pm

RedAngel wrote:
I didn't pull many all-nighters in college, but I did usually stay up till 3 a.m. my senior year (working on a life-size self portrait, so I got pretty sick of myself). I took a daily multivitamin, tried to stick to relatively healthy food, and pulled out ol' fashioned caffeine as needed. It worked pretty well; maybe that will work for you and be cheaper than Red Bull.

I find that B-complex vitamins are great. The help me stay focused and somewhat awake, especially when paired with a few pots of black tea. Throw in frequent breaks for healthy snacks, and I can pull one all-nighter. Energy drinks are what I end up pulling out if I need to cram for a few days in a row (since tea and vitamins can only stave off sleep for so long...)

That is really good advice though. I also find myself better able to keep up if I take out a little extra time each day to make some healthy stir-fry instead of relying on the usual college diet of ramen and nachos.
Back to top Go down
MoonRaven
MoonRaven

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:20 am

That's great to hear Angel. Good for you.
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
More Numbers : 7359323
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:53 am

Okay, so you know how funny it was when it turned out that Milton on office space had been fired but no one ever told him?

The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. Milton

Yeah... about that.

I hadn't gotten my April paycheck from the school I model at, which should have come the first month of May. After harassing the HR lady all day, she discovered that I was listed as a "former employee." Shocked

You see where this is going.

She dug around a bit more and called me back. She said I had been terminated IN DECEMBER!!! omg

She was like "So you've been coming to work? And getting PAID?!" Up until the May check, I had been. I couldn't figure out how this went on that long, but she seemed more amazed than I was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.   The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next