TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions

Go down 
+10
DarkDreamer
GothicScrybe
Emmature
La Diva Carlotta
albinasamara
helen damnation
Ginger_Snaps
RedAngel
SPF
SweetVervain
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 1:23 pm

Yup, I learned that Hard Candy was total crap when I bought one of their kits at Sephora a while back. I was really disappointed too. Being a fan of Urban Decay and knowing the brands were owned by the same company I expected more from Hard Candy.

Last edited by La Diva Carlotta on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7566162
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Loreal HIP is the drugstore winner in my book
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig
Number of posts : 1038
More Numbers : 7355384
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:50 pm

On the subject of pale makeup, I love larenim. They make a great white shade.

But I'm broke now, so I swirl a big powder brush in the cheap, white compact I got at hot topic and then swirl the brush in a the lightest color of powder revlon makes and layer the two powders for a nice, natural gothy sheen.

As for bangs, I always cut my own. The trick is to be fearless. Don't think you'll screw up and you won't.

And SPF- Omg I LOVE the HIP creme liner. The one in the little pots. Wear it every single day.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 9:51 pm

^^^I have two cream liners. One in green and one in eggplant.

However you you have spare cash, smashbox makes an awesome cream liner set
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:09 pm

Oooo, I have black and shiny blue, which I have been told ups the blue in my eyes. I asked for some smashbox eyeliners last year for christmas. Instead I got DKNY "be delicious- night" perfume and every Sandman graphic novel ever. So an okay trade, really.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:32 pm

^^I do find that the brush the liner comes with hurts my eyes when I use it
Back to top Go down
SweetVervain
SweetVervain

Taurus Pig
Number of posts : 123
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 Th_cil10
More Numbers : 7019443
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:55 pm

I prefer liquid eyeliner to cream ones.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:10 pm

I used to think that then I bought a nice thin angled brush and cream and cake liners. You can do wonders with it. The brush gives you more precision I think.

However if you want to swirl cool designs on your face I like using felt tip liquid liner.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 25883sk
More Numbers : 7409898
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Off topic, but -- I tried a new undereye concealer today. I used to use Revlon's Age Defying cream concealer. The consistency was nice, but it tended to settle in the creases of my lower eyelid.

I used this today: Revlon Colorstay Undereye Concealer

It was a little thin, but I did 2 layers and it worked out just fine. Covered the dark circles well, without creasing or looking dry. I put it on at 6 a.m., and only noticed slight creasing after 6 p.m. Not bad! It's spf 15, too. I didn't need a heavy-duty remover to take it off; my regular one worked fine (with some gentle effort).

It doesn't come in white, but if you need a natural-skintone concealer, I'd recommend it. Not bad for $9.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:08 am

Anyone know of a good quality dark purple or plum lip liner? Price isn't really an issue and I'm open to any brand except MAC. Smile
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:12 am

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
Anyone know of a good quality dark purple or plum lip liner? Price isn't really an issue and I'm open to any brand except MAC. Smile

Yup here is a few great ones of all price ranges

Loreal HIP liner. They have a dark purple one
Smashbox- Jet Set waterproof liner in midnight purple - my favorite
MakeupForever- Color liner in Indecent Plum or Aqua eyed in 6L, or Cream liner in Matte Purple. They always have good products
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:14 am

oh duh Urban Decay has cool shades too

They have pencils, glitter liner, and liquid liners in two shades of purple.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:00 pm

^^Thanks for the info. grin
Back to top Go down
GothicScrybe
vip member
GothicScrybe

Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 2480
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 Evil10
More Numbers : 7313669
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Does anyone know of eye-liner and mascara that won't "bleed" or run?

I have used waterproof mascara, put powder over my eyeliner (yes, I'm handy when it comes to make up - thanks to having a few make-up artist friends and bad skin growing up) and yet, my eye-liner bleeds down my eyes and my mascara comes off anyway.

As I get older, I find that I have less and less tolerance for it, but simply can't see purchasing MAC or other makeup that costs more than I spend on myself in a month.

tear
Back to top Go down
http://thelosttheforgottenthedamned.com/
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:15 pm

^^^I know of some good quality "stay put" mascara and eyeliner...but it will cost about the same price as MAC because they are professional brands used for runway/stage makeup.

Also, what bands have you tried???

Ben Nye is cheaper than MAC and makes stage makeup that stays put. They have mascara and eyeliner for around $10 I think

I know drag queens that use Ben Nye and they are on stage sweating their asses of lip syncing

Last edited by SPF on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:24 pm

GothicScrybe wrote:
Does anyone know of eye-liner and mascara that won't "bleed" or run?

I have used waterproof mascara, put powder over my eyeliner (yes, I'm handy when it comes to make up - thanks to having a few make-up artist friends and bad skin growing up) and yet, my eye-liner bleeds down my eyes and my mascara comes off anyway.

As I get older, I find that I have less and less tolerance for it, but simply can't see purchasing MAC or other makeup that costs more than I spend on myself in a month.

tear

Not to worry. Smile On my wedding day I wore Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner, and it lasted through tears and dancing for about 12 hours. (And it comes in Blackberry!) I wore it with Revlon Lash Fantasy Total Definition Waterproof Mascara -- though that was before they changed brushes; I'm not wild about the new brush. Each costs somewhere around $10.

But if you can treat yourself, I'd also recommend Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil. I tried it over the summer; it really does look freshly-applied all day, and the color range is very nice. I imagine their waterproof mascara is just as good; with UD, you really do get what you pay for.
Urban Decay Eye Stuff

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:32 pm

I also know of a mascara that will only come off using a certain temperature water if anyone's interested.
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Applying powder on before applying the liner helps. I personally prefer liquid liner, which only comes off when you rub it off (that's the unsanitary an none recommended method). Just use a liner brush to smudge the liner to make it softer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
DarkDreamer
DarkDreamer

Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 933
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 29cndqs
More Numbers : 7513772
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:13 am

I really want dreadlocks, very similar to this person's-

Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 Dreadlocks_pictures

However, I don't know how well that would work with my lolita or romantic-gothic attire.

I'll be dreading my hair regardless of how it will look with my lolita and romanti-goth clothing, but I still really want to see how (non-synthetic) dreadlocks work with those fashions.

The best/only photo I could find was this, which looks super-yummy, but I wouldn't want super-long dreads. I've had my hair down to my bum for years now, and want to finally try a shorter style.

Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 Rapunzel1

What should I do? Do any of you have dreads, or just advice on how to make them rock with romantic fashions?

Last edited by DarkDreamer on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:51 pm

I think hair naturally forms into dreads when not brushed for very lengthy periods of time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Zelda!
Zelda!

Gemini Monkey
Number of posts : 34
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 5e7eva
More Numbers : 7036419
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:51 pm

Guh. I haven't been around in FOREVERZ. School + graduation year + job-hunting + sick mummy (she's better, though!) = EATEN LIFE.

Anywho, I have been dying to know what makeup I should use to get myself Uber Freaking White like Emilie Autumn or this lovely creature in the picture, here. --> http://gothdating.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/goth-girls.jpg heart
I already have a naturally pale skin-tone, but it's also rather pink. tongue My skin is...Oily...As well, but I am 17.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Currently I am using the lame pressed powder compact from hot topic over the lightest shade of liquid Loreal Perfect Match.

When I have enough money, I LOVE Larenim. That link shows the whole Goth Collection, and I love the Ashes to Ashes black shadow- it's shimmerier and bluer than you might think, but I mainly love the Pallor face powder. It's more of a sheer white, but you can layer it. I loved it so much i ran out. But when I had some I got a good white with some cheap, greasy white halloween makeup with that dusted on top to hold it.
Back to top Go down
Emmature
Emmature

Virgo Pig

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Just saw DD's old post from months ago, and wanted to throw in- you need to train hair to get good dreds. If you just let your hair go it doesn't form into good dreds- you have to "train" them.

Google "dred training"- it'll explain it better than I can.
Back to top Go down
Zelda!
Zelda!

Gemini Monkey
Number of posts : 34
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 5e7eva
More Numbers : 7036419
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 4:21 am

Emmature wrote:
Currently I am using the lame pressed powder compact from hot topic

Hahah, that Bloody Mary stuff? Me too! xD

Thanks ever so much for the detailed advice. I'll look into it. *scampers away to makeup sites*
dance
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:53 am

Emmature wrote:
Currently I am using the lame pressed powder compact from hot topic over the lightest shade of liquid Loreal Perfect Match.

When I have enough money, I LOVE Larenim. That link shows the whole Goth Collection, and I love the Ashes to Ashes black shadow- it's shimmerier and bluer than you might think, but I mainly love the Pallor face powder. It's more of a sheer white, but you can layer it. I loved it so much i ran out. But when I had some I got a good white with some cheap, greasy white halloween makeup with that dusted on top to hold it.

Glad you posted that link. Currently drooling over the Black Rose powder!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next