TheDarkRealm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Main PageMain Page  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Random Thoughts
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 am

» Your Favourite TV Shows/Programs
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:59 am

» Things you want to learn!
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:52 am

» Things You Must Have
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby SneakyST Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 am

» I feel Happy
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm

» The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

» Bizarre News
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby endless dark Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:10 pm

» What is everyone doing at the mo?
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Ginger_Snaps Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 am

» Post Random Pictures of yourself!
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:26 pm

» What Are You Listening To Now?
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:15 pm

» The Official Birthday thread!
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby GhostRed Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:14 pm

» Recent Acquisitions Thread
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Vampira132 Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am

» What Are You Currently Watching?
Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby ravengrim Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 pm

Like/Tweet/+1
Most Viewed Topics
Recent Acquisitions Thread
What should NsanelilMunky go to college for?
Random Thoughts
The General Rant/Bitch/Moan Thread.
What is everyone doing at the mo?
Things You Must Have
I feel Happy
The funny pages
Similar topics

Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions

Go down 
+10
DarkDreamer
GothicScrybe
Emmature
La Diva Carlotta
albinasamara
helen damnation
Ginger_Snaps
RedAngel
SPF
SweetVervain
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat
Number of posts : 7864
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 Sdd7oz
More Numbers : 7581927
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:34 am

Zelda! wrote:
Guh. I haven't been around in FOREVERZ. School + graduation year + job-hunting + sick mummy (she's better, though!) = EATEN LIFE.

Anywho, I have been dying to know what makeup I should use to get myself Uber Freaking White like Emilie Autumn or this lovely creature in the picture, here. --> http://gothdating.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/goth-girls.jpg heart
I already have a naturally pale skin-tone, but it's also rather pink. tongue My skin is...Oily...As well, but I am 17.

Thank you!
Illamasqua makes a white foundation (RF 105) that looks really good. They only carry it at Sephora. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P241702&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5955
I bought it for Halloween and absolutely love it! I think it would work well with oily type skin; I have dry skin and need to super moisturize my face before I use it. The good thing is that this white isn't pasty or chalky, and you can build it up to the white you want or wear it lightly for just a hint of pallor.

Make Up Forever also makes a white foundation, but in a pan stick format. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P12652&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4028 I have a pan stick in my natural skin tone and it is excellent, so I can only assume that the white shade is equally awesome.
Back to top Go down
Zelda!
Zelda!

Gemini Monkey
Number of posts : 34
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 5e7eva
More Numbers : 7036419
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Coolies! exited
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

Scorpio Number of posts : 1679
: : Fashionista
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 2j4964z
More Numbers : 7566162
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:53 am

Zelda! wrote:
Guh. I haven't been around in FOREVERZ. School + graduation year + job-hunting + sick mummy (she's better, though!) = EATEN LIFE.

Anywho, I have been dying to know what makeup I should use to get myself Uber Freaking White like Emilie Autumn or this lovely creature in the picture, here. --> http://gothdating.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/goth-girls.jpg heart
I already have a naturally pale skin-tone, but it's also rather pink. tongue My skin is...Oily...As well, but I am 17.

Thank you!

I have so many recomendations for you..but it all depends on how much money you want to spend lol
Back to top Go down
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:12 pm

Manic Panic makes some good white powder and foundation (yes, white foundation) for a pretty good price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
Luminita
Luminita

Pisces Goat
Number of posts : 59
More Numbers : 7577331

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:08 pm

I hate looking for powder and foundation. My skin is somewhere between classic tan and a darker tan shade. Can any one recomend a good foundation and powder. My skin is oily but not prone to break outs.
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:33 pm

^^Luminita, you're still young so your skin is probably in really good shape, so you don't want anything too heavy in terms of foundation. CoverGirl makes a liquid foundation for oily skin. http://www.covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=clean_oil_control_makeup
I used to be a big fan of their liquid powder foundation: http://www.covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=ultimate_finish_liquid_powder_makeup Good stuff! And it comes in a variety of colors too, so you shouldn't have too much of a hard time finding a shade that suits you.

I don't use Covergirl anymore because my skin's changed so much so much. Now I use Chanel and MakeUp Forever foundations. Chanel is super pricey, but they do make an excellent foundation for oily skin: http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Foundation-TEINT-INNOCENCE-88572. What's nice about this foundation is that it's nice and light.

Honestly though, finding the right foundation could be a matter of trial and error. But once you find something you like you'll end up sticking to it.
Back to top Go down
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Luminita wrote:
I hate looking for powder and foundation. My skin is somewhere between classic tan and a darker tan shade. Can any one recomend a good foundation and powder. My skin is oily but not prone to break outs.

as I always say it depends how much you want to spend. I have noticed that my more expensive foundations are nicer to my skin and wear better. I normally hate drug store brands, but I hear Neutrogena products are good for different skin types. By bf's dad is a dermatologist and he recommends Neutrogena to his patients. Clinique also has good products for oily skin and a variety of shades.
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7579753
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:19 pm

I was thinking about making my own lipsticks. Does anyone know exactly what you have to/ can make a lipstick base out of and what you have to/ can use for coloring. I know there are kits online but holy lord they are expensive. If you can make the base out of something like household items and same with the coloring I would prefer to do that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
Ginger_Snaps
Ginger_Snaps

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 4545
: : Werewolf
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 Bjevig
More Numbers : 7580963

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Let me give a little thumbs up for the Manic Panic dream tone foundation. I've been using it and every time I wear it, my skin looks better for it. The downside is that their lightest tone is still a tad too dark for me, but a layer of white powder fixes it and makes me look somewhat airbrushed without having spent a long time putting the stuff on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/madammarieshorrordollz/
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake
Number of posts : 5385
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 25883sk
More Numbers : 7409898
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:04 pm

Not sure if this belongs here, but here are my notes on Urban Decay Stardust Eyeshadow:

I got a sample of it in Space Cowboy. Don't go by the photos on the site; they don't do it justice. It actually does have very fine glitter (not shimmer, not standard glitter, but somewhere in between) that makes it look like you've got a little starry night on your lids. Smile I put it on at 6 this morning, without primer so I could see how well it lasted on its own. Still looks good and freshly-applied -- almost no glitter fallout or migration; just a couple specks on my cheekbones. So, I'd say it's worth the cash if you find a color that you really like and will use often, and even better over a little primer. Smile

I go on a lot about UD, but it's because their products are actually quality -- they do what they say they will do. And though it's pricey, the cost seems to be for the product rather than the prestige: their prices haven't risen appreciably since I started using the products in the autumn of '96.
Back to top Go down
http://gracestudios.deviantart.com/
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:08 am

^^Ah! Good to know! I usually stay away from glitter eyeshadow 'cause the damn glitter always ends up on my cheeks. LOL I will definitely try UD's Stardust eyeshadows, though. I already use their eyeshadow primer--good stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Glad that was helpful, Diva! Smile And yeah, the primer is very good -- the stuff's like a magnet!
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:23 am

Heads up re: Sonia Kashuk makeup (Target):
Noticed a change in labeling on the loose powder: it used to say "Not tested on animals" and have a list of ingredients; now there's no ingredient list, nothing about animal testing, and the label reads "WARNING: DO NOT USE IN LIP OR EYE AREA." Powder is supposed to be safe for the whole face... sounds like unsafe overseas manufacture. Great. :/
Back to top Go down
La Diva Carlotta
supernova
La Diva Carlotta

Scorpio Goat

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:20 pm

^^That's interesting. I just visited her site - no mention of animal testing. I guess in an effort to reduce cost they decided to change the formula. I think you should contact the company, ask about animal testing and whatnot.

Keep in mind, however, that not all companies advertise on their products that they do not engage in animal testing. For example, the FAQs on Chanel's website state that they don't do any testing on animals, however there is no mention of this on their product packaging. That doesn't mean that Chanel is entirely cruelty free - they do use animal products like beeswax and lanolin. So that's another thing to look out for.

I also remember reading somewhere - but I don't remember where - that the vast majority of cosmetics companies have given up animal testing after much public outcry in the 1980s.
Back to top Go down
RedAngel
star member
RedAngel

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:09 pm

^^ Good points.

La Diva Carlotta wrote:
I also remember reading somewhere - but I don't remember where - that the vast majority of cosmetics companies have given up animal testing after much public outcry in the 1980s.

That's the way it used to be, before companies wanted to trade in China. sad or frown
Avon, Mary Kay, Estee Lauder Facing $100 Million Fraud Lawsuit
"The complaint further alleges that the companies deliberately misled the American public by claiming their products were “cruelty free” at the same time the companies undertook animal testing in order to sell their products in China and reap hundreds of millions of dollars in Chinese sales."

But the other thing that creeps me out is the fact that the ingredients are no longer on the package. Not sure that's even legal, and it makes me think back to the bad press a few years back regarding toxic fillers in Chinese-manufactured goods -- thinking maybe the makeup is made there now.
Back to top Go down
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6145781
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:18 pm

RedAngel wrote:
Heads up re: Sonia Kashuk makeup (Target):
Noticed a change in labeling on the loose powder: it used to say "Not tested on animals" and have a list of ingredients; now there's no ingredient list, nothing about animal testing, and the label reads "WARNING: DO NOT USE IN LIP OR EYE AREA." Powder is supposed to be safe for the whole face... sounds like unsafe overseas manufacture. Great. :/

How disturbing. Now I kinda want to take a look into my makeup bag to see what I have.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:20 pm

Here's a question for you all. What would I use to recreate this?

Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 Sally
Back to top Go down
deadcoldgothgirl
supernova
deadcoldgothgirl

Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 6332
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 S3mrtd
More Numbers : 7579753
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm not sure what kind of make-up you already have, but I can give some suggestions with things I use and things I know are out there.

I would start with a primer likeUrban Decay eyeshadow primer. Then for the blue base, I would mix UD dashiki shadow with MAC lose pigment to enhance different parts of the color. For the moon I would try to find a yellow shadow from either MAC or Medusasmakeup. The rest you could do by carefully drawing with white, black, yellow, orange, and red liquid eyeliner.

If you do try this look, please share pictures with us. I don't personally have a steady enough hand to be able to pull something like this off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gothic_freak
QueenbHorror
QueenbHorror

Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 829
: : Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 Th_sta10
More Numbers : 6145781
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:27 pm

^Definitely a good primer is key! I would suggest mehron aqua color for the base. You can then set the base blue with a additional blue pigment, like the MAC that DCGG suggested. You could even use an aqua color (there kinda like a hard little disc of color that you mix a small amount of water to use) to draw in the moon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QueenbHorrorQueen?feature=mhee
SPF
vip member
SPF

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:16 pm

Nsane: I would use Make Up Forever Flash (kinda pricy) color as a cream base then use Mac Shadows. I think it would be better to have a colored primer to make it pop. You can also use MAC cream colored bases too as a lower cost option and a coastal scents 88 pallet (only 20 bucks).

With a cream colored base it would be just like painting a picture, then use colored eyeshadow to set what you painted to keep it from getting nasty and creasy.

I would use a felt tip eyeliner to draw in the detail, then maybe use a brush for the thin lines. Felt tip lines are just like using a thin permanent marker.

I have done a similar look where I painted a "scene" on my eyes. And I know some people hate cream bases, it really makes the color stand out and it wont crease if set with a power shadow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions   Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Makeup, Fashion, and Beauty Questions
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3